By Dee Longfellow
For The Elmhurst Independent
The following items were passed by consent by the Elmhurst City Council on Monday, April 17:
• Diana Riekse, Andy Joseph and Thomas Marcucci were reappointed to the City of Elmhurst/City College Commission for terms to expire April 30, 2019.
• Jackie Tamer and Patty McKernan were reappointed to the Commission on Youth for terms to expire April 30, 2020.
• Maryann Gorski and Trish Hall were reappointed to the Economic Development Commission for terms to expire April 30, 2020.
• Frank Mushow was reappointed to the Zoning & Planning Commission for a term to expire April 30, 2022.
• Two change orders, one for $7,000, a second for $15,944, were approved to Intelligent and Construction Solutions of Chicago for professional engineering services for the north industrial lift station.
• Council approved the purchase of a 2017 trailer-mounted hydro seeder for $73,630.
• The purchase of a Ver-Mac PMC-320 RT message board trailer was approved for $30,000.
• York Street Phase I & II Engineering Services from B&M were approved in the amount of $69,989.
• The installation of a chiller piping system at the police station was approved for an amount not to exceed $50,950.
• The Elmhurst Chamber of Commerce & Industry’s request to hold the Memorial Day Parade was approved. It will take place on Monday, May 29.
• The August 2017 renewal of the City’s electric aggregation program was approved. Also approved was a contract with NIMEC for electric aggregation consultant services.
• Council approved a conditional use permit to allow Verizon to add an antenna of 50 feet to an existing cellular tower.